Saturday, February 15, 2014

Rahel's Love Story


Rahel is at the salon. It is 8 pm and I am impatiently waiting for my roomie BFF to get home because when she is home the world is right. She comes home babe status after getting her hair all done up. She immediately tells me that moments ago a CUTE BOY asked her to dinner…and she said NO b/c she felt bad about how late she was getting home. Not a valid excuse. She said he was going to Time Zone -- a cafĂ© that is walking distance from my house. I get my cupid pants on and insist that we go to time zone on the account that I reeeaaally wanted a cup of tea. Rahel says no way but I am an excellent persuader and minutes later we are en route to meet future husband. We are steps away from Mr. Red shirt who, by the way, is downing injera (he is white, so this is a weird site too see). I tell her we will go to the second floor so we don’t chance having to talk to him. I enter and sit at the table next to him. Rahel gives me the wide eye “I’m gonna kill you face.” I grin back. I order my tea and sip away as Rahel awkwardly sits with her back to her fiancĂ©. I am trying to convince her to say something, anything, but she won’t budge. I finish my tea and we leave.
Rewind to a couple days ago when our guard told us that “bazoo forenj” (many white people) moved into our neighborhood. We’ve only seen one blonde oldish man in our neighborhood, crossing our fingers that there are more. Anyways there is reason to believe that Rahel’s boy might be one of the guys who lives in our neighborhood. We informed our guard that he is wearing a red t-shirt and jeans, so please keep your eyes open and report back to us in the AM.
Tonight we are praying to the good Lord that this guy lives in our neighborhood so Rahel can finally get a ring by spring. Keep your fingers crossed.

- Cupid

No comments:

Post a Comment