Saturday, September 21, 2013

Meet my new friends...

School is starting soon in Ethiopia so today all of the children receieved their  uniforms. I met most of the kids that will be at the afterschool program/the ones I will be teaching english to. They are sweet as can be, and their english is a lot better than I expected. I am still staying in a hotel, that is why I can go on the internet so easily. Once I move into my house I won't have wifi (we are working on it...). I am planning on moving in next week, so the posts will be less frequent but know that I am having the time of my life in this amazing country :)


These pictures are from today, when I met all of the kids. We danced, played soccer, and laughed a lot. These kids are so curious and eager to learn; today I saw just a glimpse of that when they took my camera and tried to figure out how to take pictures. I was worried that the language barrier would be a problem, but no language can truly be a barrier when two people are having fun...thankful for that...

So much love, Becca
(To see the pictures more clearly, click on them!)









No comments:

Post a Comment